As part of practising what I preach, I decided that I would try and take care of myself as well as my clients and organise some one-to-one sessions with my own yoga teacher (yes, I have one). I have arranged for one training session a month. It means that I take one day off a month, head up to London and spend an hour-and-a-half in the company of my wonderful teacher. For a change I have a session where someone else does the thinking about what we will do, tailors the session to my needs and works on the elements of my practice that are challenging for me.
I love my personal sessions. They’re an opportunity to completely switch off, to stop clock-watching and to absorb myself in my own practice. My teacher is knowledgeable and patient, and I learn so much about myself, my capabilities and what I need to work on whenever we have a session together.
I often recommend personal training sessions to my clients and have summarised some of the many benefits below. If you are interested or would like to ask me any questions, I would love to hear from you.
Benefits of one-to-one personal training
- Personal training sessions can take place in your own home, where you are comfortable with your surroundings.
- A personal training session can be tailored to meet your needs — often people have very particular issues that can benefit greatly from being worked on in a comprehensive way.
- A more detailed explanation of how to exercise to suit your own personal needs.
- It can give you the confidence to begin to exercise and often after a few sessions you feel more comfortable to join a class or the gym.
- Having a personal trainer can help you to define your goals and bring clarity to what it is you want to achieve.
- You can get the motivation you need! Knowing you have a training session at regular intervals can encourage you to exercise between sessions!
- Variety! No two sessions are ever the same, so you’re never bored!